When the Tron (TRX) Wallet was released back in June it had a polite notice from the Tron Foundation that stated the following:
Before using the TronWallet, the team at the Tron Foundation advises that you do not deposit any TRX on the wallet just yet. Your funds might get lost. Tron Foundation requests that you first apply to test the wallet before the final release by the team.
This was before the Mainnet went live and before the Super Representative elections were complete. By early August, users of the wallet could receive, send and freeze their TRX to take part in the Super Representative elections. The wallet is now fully available on both Androd and iOS.
Getty.io is the community project that has created the Tron Wallet and they have provided an updated list of features available for the user.
With the app, the user can do the following:
- Access and protect your TRX from your mobile
- Use a QR scanner to Pay with TRX and other utility tokens built under TRX
- Send TRX and other utility tokens by entering a wallet address or scanning a QR code
- Request payment in TRX, by creating a unique QR code/transaction
- Freeze, unfreeze tokens and vote for the TRON Super Representatives
- Check the market/price
- Keep track of all the transactions (validated and pending) made on the app
- Invest on other tokens running under TRX with an ICO mechanism and secure those tokens on your phone
- Access to tutorials and learning from the app
- Unlock the app and access all functionalities with safer security mechanism like Face ID and fingerprint
- Create multiple wallets within the app
The team is also planning on adding the following features in the future:
- Ability to trade Tron tokens in a decentralized manner without a middleman
- Launch of a web widget to sell ICO tokens
- Create a DApp browser in Q1 2019 to accelerate DApps creation
What is your experience using the Tron Wallet? Please let us know in the comment section below.
Disclaimer: This article is not meant to give financial advice. Any opinion herein is purely the author’s and does not represent the opinion of Ethereum World News or any of its other writers. Please carry out your own research before investing in any of the numerous cryptocurrencies available. Thank you.