Monero (CURRENCY:XMR) traded 6.5% lower against the U.S. dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 16:00 PM ET on March 18th. One Monero coin can now be bought for about $183.94 or 0.02442820 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges including Exrates, LiteBit.eu, Exmo and Bisq. Monero has a market capitalization of $2.91 billion and approximately $58.58 million worth of Monero was traded on exchanges in the last day. Over the last week, Monero has traded down 34.3% against the U.S. dollar.
Here’s how other cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- Bytecoin (BCN) traded 3.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0023 or 0.00000030 BTC.
- DigitalNote (XDN) traded down 16.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0066 or 0.00000088 BTC.
- Aeon (AEON) traded 2.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1.68 or 0.00022369 BTC.
- Boolberry (BBR) traded 7.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.58 or 0.00007725 BTC.
- Sumokoin (SUMO) traded 10.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.23 or 0.00016428 BTC.
- Karbo (KRB) traded 3.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.58 or 0.00007754 BTC.
- IntenseCoin (ITNS) traded up 7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0045 or 0.00000060 BTC.
- LeviarCoin (XLC) traded down 9.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0773 or 0.00001030 BTC.
Monero Coin Profile
Monero (CURRENCY:XMR) is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the CryptoNight hashing algorithm. It was first traded on April 18th, 2014. Monero’s total supply is 15,838,590 coins. The official message board for Monero is forum.getmonero.org. Monero’s official website is www.monero.cc. The Reddit community for Monero is /r/monero and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. Monero’s official Twitter account is @monerocurrency and its Facebook page is accessible here.
According to CryptoCompare, “Monero (XMR) is a cryptonight algorithm based alternative crypto currency. The coin is based on Proof of Work and has a block reward that varies smoothly. The difficulty retargets every block with a sixty second block target. Monero uses a Ring Signature system to protect your privacy, allowing users to make untraceable transactions. “
Monero Coin Trading
Monero can be bought or sold on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Gate.io, Bittrex, Bisq, OKEx, Coinroom, Braziliex, Qryptos, LiteBit.eu, HitBTC, Bitfinex, Upbit, Kraken, Bithumb, BTC-Alpha, Binance, SouthXchange, Exmo, Mercatox, Poloniex, Cryptox, Exrates, Cryptopia, Tux Exchange, Cryptomate, Livecoin and Abucoins. It is not presently possible to buy Monero directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade Monero must first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Changelly, Gemini or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy Monero using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Monero Daily – Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Monero and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com’s FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.