Monero (CURRENCY:XMR) traded up 1.9% against the dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 22:00 PM E.T. on February 26th. Over the last week, Monero has traded down 8.8% against the dollar. Monero has a market capitalization of $4.57 billion and $50.07 million worth of Monero was traded on exchanges in the last day. One Monero coin can currently be bought for $289.89 or 0.02835780 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges including Upbit, Poloniex, Bittrex and Cryptopia.
Here’s how related cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- Bytecoin (BCN) traded up 5.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0048 or 0.00000047 BTC.
- DigitalNote (XDN) traded down 0% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0195 or 0.00000190 BTC.
- Aeon (AEON) traded 2.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $3.32 or 0.00032440 BTC.
- Boolberry (BBR) traded 1.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.51 or 0.00014759 BTC.
- Sumokoin (SUMO) traded 9.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $2.88 or 0.00028066 BTC.
- Karbo (KRB) traded up 6.4% against the dollar and now trades at $1.10 or 0.00010701 BTC.
- IntenseCoin (ITNS) traded 0.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0097 or 0.00000095 BTC.
- LeviarCoin (XLC) traded 1.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.19 or 0.00001838 BTC.
Monero (CURRENCY:XMR) is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the CryptoNight hashing algorithm. It launched on April 18th, 2014. Monero’s total supply is 15,766,967 coins. Monero’s official Twitter account is @monerocurrency and its Facebook page is accessible here. The Reddit community for Monero is /r/monero and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. Monero’s official website is www.monero.cc. The official message board for Monero is forum.getmonero.org.
According to CryptoCompare, “Monero (XMR) is a cryptonight algorithm based alternative crypto currency. The coin is based on Proof of Work and has a block reward that varies smoothly. The difficulty retargets every block with a sixty second block target. Monero uses a Ring Signature system to protect your privacy, allowing users to make untraceable transactions. “
Buying and Selling Monero
Monero can be traded on these cryptocurrency exchanges: SouthXchange, Poloniex, Bittrex, Mercatox, HitBTC, Coinroom, Gate.io, Cryptomate, BTC-Alpha, Tux Exchange, Upbit, Binance, Exmo, Cryptopia, Livecoin, LiteBit.eu, Braziliex, Kraken, Bithumb, Exrates, Abucoins, Bisq, Cryptox, OKEx, Qryptos and Bitfinex. It is not currently possible to purchase Monero directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Monero must first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Gemini, GDAX or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Monero using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Monero Daily – Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Monero and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com’s FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.