Monero (CURRENCY:XMR) traded down 10.9% against the dollar during the one day period ending at 0:00 AM E.T. on March 17th. During the last week, Monero has traded 26% lower against the dollar. One Monero coin can now be purchased for $189.73 or 0.02472980 BTC on exchanges including Coinroom, HitBTC, Cryptox and Tux Exchange. Monero has a market cap of $3.00 billion and $50.13 million worth of Monero was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here’s how other cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Bytecoin (BCN) traded 11% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0023 or 0.00000031 BTC.
- DigitalNote (XDN) traded down 18.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0072 or 0.00000094 BTC.
- Aeon (AEON) traded 5.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.68 or 0.00021884 BTC.
- Boolberry (BBR) traded down 21.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.69 or 0.00009000 BTC.
- Sumokoin (SUMO) traded 11.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.32 or 0.00017196 BTC.
- Karbo (KRB) traded 8.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.59 or 0.00007642 BTC.
- IntenseCoin (ITNS) traded down 10.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0042 or 0.00000055 BTC.
- LeviarCoin (XLC) traded 6.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0846 or 0.00001100 BTC.
Monero is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the CryptoNight hashing algorithm. It was first traded on April 18th, 2014. Monero’s total supply is 15,836,271 coins. The official website for Monero is www.monero.cc. The Reddit community for Monero is /r/monero and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. The official message board for Monero is forum.getmonero.org. Monero’s official Twitter account is @monerocurrency and its Facebook page is accessible here.
According to CryptoCompare, “Monero (XMR) is a cryptonight algorithm based alternative crypto currency. The coin is based on Proof of Work and has a block reward that varies smoothly. The difficulty retargets every block with a sixty second block target. Monero uses a Ring Signature system to protect your privacy, allowing users to make untraceable transactions. “
Buying and Selling Monero
Monero can be traded on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Upbit, SouthXchange, Bithumb, Tux Exchange, Coinroom, Bitfinex, Qryptos, Poloniex, Cryptopia, Livecoin, Binance, HitBTC, Kraken, Cryptomate, Cryptox, OKEx, BTC-Alpha, Braziliex, Bisq, Bittrex, Exmo, Exrates, Abucoins, LiteBit.eu, Mercatox and Gate.io. It is not currently possible to buy Monero directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade Monero must first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Changelly, GDAX or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Monero using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Monero Daily – Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Monero and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com’s FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.