Monero (CURRENCY:XMR) traded up 1.9% against the U.S. dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 3:00 AM Eastern on January 28th. Monero has a market capitalization of $4.99 billion and approximately $76.15 million worth of Monero was traded on exchanges in the last day. In the last week, Monero has traded up 34.1% against the U.S. dollar. One Monero coin can now be bought for $317.00 or 0.02764200 BTC on cryptocurrency exchanges including HitBTC, Livecoin, Cryptox and LiteBit.eu.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed in the last day:
- Bytecoin (BCN) traded up 5.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0060 or 0.00000053 BTC.
- DigitalNote (XDN) traded down 4.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0245 or 0.00000213 BTC.
- Aeon (AEON) traded up 1.3% against the dollar and now trades at $4.28 or 0.00037290 BTC.
- Boolberry (BBR) traded up 6.1% against the dollar and now trades at $2.06 or 0.00017997 BTC.
- Sumokoin (SUMO) traded 3.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $3.27 or 0.00028480 BTC.
- Karbo (KRB) traded 2.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1.24 or 0.00010835 BTC.
- IntenseCoin (ITNS) traded 4.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0108 or 0.00000094 BTC.
- LeviarCoin (XLC) traded 3.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.24 or 0.00002104 BTC.
Monero Coin Profile
Monero (XMR) is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the CryptoNight hashing algorithm. It was first traded on April 18th, 2014. Monero’s total supply is 15,742,108 coins. The Reddit community for Monero is /r/monero and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. Monero’s official Twitter account is @monerocurrency and its Facebook page is accessible here. Monero’s official message board is forum.getmonero.org. Monero’s official website is www.monero.cc.
According to CryptoCompare, “Monero (XMR) is a cryptonight algorithm based alternative crypto currency. The coin is based on Proof of Work and has a block reward that varies smoothly. The difficulty retargets every block with a sixty second block target. Monero uses a Ring Signature system to protect your privacy, allowing users to make untraceable transactions. “
Monero Coin Trading
Monero can be purchased on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Livecoin, Bitfinex, Braziliex, Bittrex, Coinroom, Abucoins, Upbit, Tux Exchange, Cryptopia, Poloniex, Binance, LiteBit.eu, OKEx, Exrates, Cryptomate, BTC-Alpha, Gate.io, Mercatox, Kraken, Bithumb, Exmo, Bisq, Qryptos, SouthXchange, HitBTC and Cryptox. It is not presently possible to purchase Monero directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade Monero must first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Gemini, Changelly or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Monero using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Ratings for Monero Daily – Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts’ ratings for Monero and related companies with MarketBeat.com’s FREE daily email newsletter.