Monero (CURRENCY:XMR) traded 3.4% higher against the U.S. dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 8:00 AM Eastern on February 8th. Monero has a market capitalization of $4.28 billion and approximately $96.19 million worth of Monero was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One Monero coin can currently be purchased for approximately $272.46 or 0.02795390 BTC on major cryptocurrency exchanges including Bitfinex, Abucoins, Poloniex and Kraken. In the last seven days, Monero has traded 15.5% higher against the U.S. dollar.
Here is how other cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Bytecoin (BCN) traded 12% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0056 or 0.00000058 BTC.
- DigitalNote (XDN) traded up 1.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0220 or 0.00000225 BTC.
- Aeon (AEON) traded up 12.9% against the dollar and now trades at $3.46 or 0.00035475 BTC.
- Boolberry (BBR) traded down 13.7% against the dollar and now trades at $1.55 or 0.00016000 BTC.
- Sumokoin (SUMO) traded up 35% against the dollar and now trades at $3.50 or 0.00036180 BTC.
- Karbo (KRB) traded up 12.4% against the dollar and now trades at $1.25 or 0.00012828 BTC.
- IntenseCoin (ITNS) traded 7.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0123 or 0.00000127 BTC.
- LeviarCoin (XLC) traded down 2.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.21 or 0.00002161 BTC.
XMR is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the CryptoNight hashing algorithm. Its launch date was April 18th, 2014. Monero’s total supply is 15,723,986 coins. Monero’s official message board is forum.getmonero.org. The Reddit community for Monero is /r/monero and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. Monero’s official Twitter account is @monerocurrency and its Facebook page is accessible here. Monero’s official website is www.monero.cc.
According to CryptoCompare, “Monero (XMR) is a cryptonight algorithm based alternative crypto currency. The coin is based on Proof of Work and has a block reward that varies smoothly. The difficulty retargets every block with a sixty second block target. Monero uses a Ring Signature system to protect your privacy, allowing users to make untraceable transactions. “
Monero Coin Trading
Monero can be traded on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Bithumb, HitBTC, Gate.io, SouthXchange, Cryptomate, LiteBit.eu, Exrates, Bitfinex, BTC-Alpha, Abucoins, Braziliex, Cryptox, Mercatox, Kraken, OKEx, Tux Exchange, Cryptopia, Exmo, Bisq, Poloniex, Bittrex, Qryptos, Coinroom, Binance, Upbit and Livecoin. It is not presently possible to purchase Monero directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade Monero must first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Changelly, GDAX or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Monero using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Ratings for Monero Daily – Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts’ ratings for Monero and related companies with MarketBeat.com’s FREE daily email newsletter.