Monero (CURRENCY:XMR) traded 0.5% lower against the US dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 11:00 AM ET on January 30th. Over the last seven days, Monero has traded 35.8% lower against the US dollar. Monero has a total market cap of $2.91 billion and $101.01 million worth of Monero was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One Monero coin can currently be bought for $185.61 or 0.02593360 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges including Bittrex, SouthXchange, Kraken and Poloniex.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed over the last 24 hours:
- Bytecoin (BCN) traded down 1.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0037 or 0.00000051 BTC.
- DigitalNote (XDN) traded down 1.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0142 or 0.00000199 BTC.
- Aeon (AEON) traded down 3% against the dollar and now trades at $2.36 or 0.00032977 BTC.
- Boolberry (BBR) traded 12.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.85 or 0.00025000 BTC.
- Sumokoin (SUMO) traded up 18.2% against the dollar and now trades at $2.50 or 0.00033843 BTC.
- Karbo (KRB) traded 7.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.84 or 0.00011619 BTC.
- IntenseCoin (ITNS) traded 2.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0101 or 0.00000139 BTC.
- LeviarCoin (XLC) traded 8.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.12 or 0.00001670 BTC.
Monero (CURRENCY:XMR) is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the CryptoNight hashing algorithm. Its launch date was April 18th, 2014. Monero’s total supply is 15,690,594 coins. Monero’s official Twitter account is @monerocurrency and its Facebook page is accessible here. The official website for Monero is www.monero.cc. The Reddit community for Monero is /r/monero and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. Monero’s official message board is forum.getmonero.org.
According to CryptoCompare, “Monero (XMR) is a cryptonight algorithm based alternative crypto currency. The coin is based on Proof of Work and has a block reward that varies smoothly. The difficulty retargets every block with a sixty second block target. Monero uses a Ring Signature system to protect your privacy, allowing users to make untraceable transactions. “
Buying and Selling Monero
Monero can be bought or sold on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: BTC-Alpha, Cryptomate, SouthXchange, Poloniex, OKEx, Exrates, Cryptopia, Braziliex, Livecoin, Tux Exchange, Bitfinex, Coinroom, Kraken, Mercatox, Cryptox, Qryptos, Exmo, Abucoins, Bithumb, Binance, Upbit, Bisq, HitBTC, Gate.io, Bittrex and LiteBit.eu. It is not possible to purchase Monero directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Monero must first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Gemini, Changelly or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Monero using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Ratings for Monero Daily – Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts’ ratings for Monero and related companies with MarketBeat.com’s FREE daily email newsletter.