Monero (CURRENCY:XMR) traded 9.9% higher against the US dollar during the one day period ending at 11:00 AM E.T. on March 20th. One Monero coin can now be purchased for about $183.89 or 0.02407780 BTC on major exchanges including Braziliex, Bithumb, HitBTC and Cryptomate. Monero has a total market cap of $2.93 billion and $61.69 million worth of Monero was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. During the last seven days, Monero has traded up 6.9% against the US dollar.
Here is how other cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Bytecoin (BCN) traded 12.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0028 or 0.00000036 BTC.
- DigitalNote (XDN) traded 2.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0091 or 0.00000119 BTC.
- Aeon (AEON) traded up 6.8% against the dollar and now trades at $1.71 or 0.00022367 BTC.
- Boolberry (BBR) traded up 12.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.81 or 0.00010550 BTC.
- Interplanetary Broadcast Coin (IPBC) traded up 15% against the dollar and now trades at $0.16 or 0.00002130 BTC.
- Sumokoin (SUMO) traded 15.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1.31 or 0.00017213 BTC.
- Karbo (KRB) traded up 6.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.50 or 0.00006498 BTC.
- IntenseCoin (ITNS) traded 25.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0045 or 0.00000060 BTC.
- LeviarCoin (XLC) traded up 18.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0378 or 0.00000495 BTC.
- BitCoal (COAL) traded 26.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0222 or 0.00000291 BTC.
Monero Coin Profile
Monero (CRYPTO:XMR) is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the CryptoNight hashing algorithm. It was first traded on April 18th, 2014. Monero’s total supply is 15,921,722 coins. The Reddit community for Monero is /r/monero and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. Monero’s official message board is forum.getmonero.org. Monero’s official Twitter account is @monerocurrency and its Facebook page is accessible here. The official website for Monero is www.monero.cc.
According to CryptoCompare, “Monero (XMR) is a cryptonight algorithm based alternative crypto currency. The coin is based on Proof of Work and has a block reward that varies smoothly. The difficulty retargets every block with a sixty second block target. Monero uses a Ring Signature system to protect your privacy, allowing users to make untraceable transactions. “
Monero Coin Trading
Monero can be traded on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Gate.io, Cryptox, Bisq, Cryptomate, Mercatox, Bitfinex, Cryptopia, SouthXchange, Bittrex, Upbit, Bithumb, Coinroom, LiteBit.eu, BTC-Alpha, Kraken, Livecoin, Braziliex, Binance, Tux Exchange, Exrates, OKEx, Poloniex, Qryptos, Abucoins, Exmo and HitBTC. It is not currently possible to buy Monero directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Monero must first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Gemini, Coinbase or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Monero using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Ratings for Monero Daily – Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts’ ratings for Monero and related companies with MarketBeat.com’s FREE daily email newsletter.