Monero (CURRENCY:XMR) traded 18.8% lower against the dollar during the one day period ending at 18:00 PM E.T. on February 5th. Over the last seven days, Monero has traded down 42.9% against the dollar. One Monero coin can now be purchased for about $180.13 or 0.02604830 BTC on exchanges including Upbit, BTC-Alpha, Braziliex and Binance. Monero has a total market cap of $2.83 billion and $76.75 million worth of Monero was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here is how other cryptocurrencies have performed over the last 24 hours:
- Bytecoin (BCN) traded 19.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0035 or 0.00000051 BTC.
- DigitalNote (XDN) traded 21.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0139 or 0.00000193 BTC.
- Aeon (AEON) traded down 19.8% against the dollar and now trades at $2.31 or 0.00033477 BTC.
- Boolberry (BBR) traded 16% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.82 or 0.00026326 BTC.
- Sumokoin (SUMO) traded 38% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.87 or 0.00026996 BTC.
- Karbo (KRB) traded down 16.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.86 or 0.00012489 BTC.
- IntenseCoin (ITNS) traded 37.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0092 or 0.00000133 BTC.
- LeviarCoin (XLC) traded 13.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.13 or 0.00001857 BTC.
Monero is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the CryptoNight hashing algorithm. It launched on April 18th, 2014. Monero’s total supply is 15,687,713 coins. The official website for Monero is www.monero.cc. The Reddit community for Monero is /r/monero and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. The official message board for Monero is forum.getmonero.org. Monero’s official Twitter account is @monerocurrency and its Facebook page is accessible here.
According to CryptoCompare, “Monero (XMR) is a cryptonight algorithm based alternative crypto currency. The coin is based on Proof of Work and has a block reward that varies smoothly. The difficulty retargets every block with a sixty second block target. Monero uses a Ring Signature system to protect your privacy, allowing users to make untraceable transactions. “
Monero Coin Trading
Monero can be bought or sold on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Cryptopia, LiteBit.eu, HitBTC, Abucoins, BTC-Alpha, Cryptomate, Bisq, Qryptos, Exmo, Bittrex, Exrates, OKEx, Bithumb, Mercatox, Coinroom, Tux Exchange, SouthXchange, Cryptox, Livecoin, Kraken, Braziliex, Poloniex, Binance, Upbit, Bitfinex and Gate.io. It is not possible to purchase Monero directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade Monero must first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as GDAX, Gemini or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Monero using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Monero Daily – Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Monero and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com’s FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.