Monero (CURRENCY:XMR) traded down 2.9% against the U.S. dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 23:00 PM E.T. on February 27th. Monero has a market capitalization of $5.58 billion and approximately $95.83 million worth of Monero was traded on exchanges in the last day. One Monero coin can currently be bought for $353.39 or 0.03287040 BTC on popular exchanges including Mercatox, Upbit, Livecoin and Cryptopia. In the last week, Monero has traded 17.6% higher against the U.S. dollar.
Here is how related cryptocurrencies have performed in the last day:
- Bytecoin (BCN) traded down 7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0040 or 0.00000037 BTC.
- DigitalNote (XDN) traded down 10% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0152 or 0.00000141 BTC.
- Aeon (AEON) traded down 7.6% against the dollar and now trades at $3.23 or 0.00030113 BTC.
- Boolberry (BBR) traded 15.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.23 or 0.00011497 BTC.
- Sumokoin (SUMO) traded 9.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $2.43 or 0.00022637 BTC.
- Karbo (KRB) traded down 1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.88 or 0.00008165 BTC.
- IntenseCoin (ITNS) traded down 10.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0081 or 0.00000075 BTC.
- LeviarCoin (XLC) traded down 14.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.12 or 0.00001105 BTC.
XMR is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the CryptoNight hashing algorithm. It was first traded on April 18th, 2014. Monero’s total supply is 15,796,372 coins. Monero’s official website is www.monero.cc. Monero’s official Twitter account is @monerocurrency and its Facebook page is accessible here. The Reddit community for Monero is /r/monero and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. The official message board for Monero is forum.getmonero.org.
According to CryptoCompare, “Monero (XMR) is a cryptonight algorithm based alternative crypto currency. The coin is based on Proof of Work and has a block reward that varies smoothly. The difficulty retargets every block with a sixty second block target. Monero uses a Ring Signature system to protect your privacy, allowing users to make untraceable transactions. “
Monero Coin Trading
Monero can be purchased on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Cryptopia, Mercatox, Coinroom, Braziliex, Cryptox, Cryptomate, Bithumb, Bitfinex, Gate.io, Exmo, Bittrex, OKEx, Kraken, Exrates, LiteBit.eu, Abucoins, Binance, BTC-Alpha, Livecoin, Qryptos, Poloniex, SouthXchange, Tux Exchange, Bisq, HitBTC and Upbit. It is not presently possible to purchase Monero directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Monero must first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Changelly, GDAX or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Monero using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Ratings for Monero Daily – Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts’ ratings for Monero and related companies with MarketBeat.com’s FREE daily email newsletter.