Monero (CURRENCY:XMR) traded down 10.1% against the dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 21:00 PM ET on February 3rd. Monero has a total market cap of $3.77 billion and $68.22 million worth of Monero was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One Monero coin can currently be bought for about $239.84 or 0.02896490 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges including Tux Exchange, Cryptomate, Exmo and Binance. During the last week, Monero has traded down 4.7% against the dollar.
Here is how other cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Bytecoin (BCN) traded down 12.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0045 or 0.00000054 BTC.
- DigitalNote (XDN) traded 8.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0207 or 0.00000250 BTC.
- Aeon (AEON) traded 15.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $3.00 or 0.00036206 BTC.
- Boolberry (BBR) traded down 15.5% against the dollar and now trades at $1.82 or 0.00022001 BTC.
- Sumokoin (SUMO) traded down 2.5% against the dollar and now trades at $3.03 or 0.00036542 BTC.
- Karbo (KRB) traded down 8.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.99 or 0.00011959 BTC.
- IntenseCoin (ITNS) traded down 2.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0117 or 0.00000141 BTC.
- LeviarCoin (XLC) traded 18% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.14 or 0.00001728 BTC.
Monero (XMR) is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the CryptoNight hashing algorithm. Its launch date was April 18th, 2014. Monero’s total supply is 15,707,305 coins. The Reddit community for Monero is /r/monero and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. The official website for Monero is www.monero.cc. Monero’s official Twitter account is @monerocurrency and its Facebook page is accessible here. The official message board for Monero is forum.getmonero.org.
According to CryptoCompare, “Monero (XMR) is a cryptonight algorithm based alternative crypto currency. The coin is based on Proof of Work and has a block reward that varies smoothly. The difficulty retargets every block with a sixty second block target. Monero uses a Ring Signature system to protect your privacy, allowing users to make untraceable transactions. “
Buying and Selling Monero
Monero can be bought or sold on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Bithumb, Braziliex, Cryptomate, LiteBit.eu, Bisq, Livecoin, Exmo, Bittrex, Cryptopia, BTC-Alpha, HitBTC, Qryptos, Cryptox, Exrates, Upbit, Poloniex, Bitfinex, Coinroom, Gate.io, OKEx, Kraken, Tux Exchange, Abucoins, Binance, Mercatox and SouthXchange. It is not possible to buy Monero directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade Monero must first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Gemini, Coinbase or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy Monero using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Ratings for Monero Daily – Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts’ ratings for Monero and related companies with MarketBeat.com’s FREE daily email newsletter.