Monero (CURRENCY:XMR) traded up 10.5% against the U.S. dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 3:00 AM E.T. on February 12th. During the last seven days, Monero has traded 4.6% lower against the U.S. dollar. One Monero coin can now be bought for about $302.38 or 0.02926110 BTC on cryptocurrency exchanges including SouthXchange, Cryptopia, Gate.io and Braziliex. Monero has a total market cap of $4.77 billion and $50.90 million worth of Monero was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here’s how other cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Bytecoin (BCN) traded 8.6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0048 or 0.00000047 BTC.
- DigitalNote (XDN) traded 3.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0196 or 0.00000184 BTC.
- Aeon (AEON) traded up 1.3% against the dollar and now trades at $3.21 or 0.00031025 BTC.
- Boolberry (BBR) traded 0.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1.49 or 0.00014431 BTC.
- Sumokoin (SUMO) traded 17.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $3.07 or 0.00028771 BTC.
- Karbo (KRB) traded 13.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1.13 or 0.00010649 BTC.
- IntenseCoin (ITNS) traded 7.6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0098 or 0.00000092 BTC.
- LeviarCoin (XLC) traded 1.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.19 or 0.00001800 BTC.
Monero Coin Profile
XMR is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the CryptoNight hashing algorithm. Its genesis date was April 18th, 2014. Monero’s total supply is 15,767,595 coins. The Reddit community for Monero is /r/monero and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. The official message board for Monero is forum.getmonero.org. The official website for Monero is www.monero.cc. Monero’s official Twitter account is @monerocurrency and its Facebook page is accessible here.
According to CryptoCompare, “Monero (XMR) is a cryptonight algorithm based alternative crypto currency. The coin is based on Proof of Work and has a block reward that varies smoothly. The difficulty retargets every block with a sixty second block target. Monero uses a Ring Signature system to protect your privacy, allowing users to make untraceable transactions. “
Buying and Selling Monero
Monero can be bought or sold on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Tux Exchange, SouthXchange, Upbit, LiteBit.eu, BTC-Alpha, Exmo, Coinroom, Bisq, Abucoins, Cryptomate, Qryptos, Cryptopia, Mercatox, Bitfinex, Bittrex, Livecoin, Kraken, Cryptox, Bithumb, Gate.io, OKEx, Exrates, Braziliex, Binance, Poloniex and HitBTC. It is not currently possible to purchase Monero directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Monero must first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Gemini, Changelly or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Monero using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Ratings for Monero Daily – Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts’ ratings for Monero and related companies with MarketBeat.com’s FREE daily email newsletter.