Monero (CURRENCY:XMR) traded 2.2% higher against the US dollar during the 1 day period ending at 23:00 PM ET on March 20th. One Monero coin can currently be purchased for about $168.89 or 0.02436280 BTC on major cryptocurrency exchanges including Bisq, OKEx, Upbit and Mercatox. During the last seven days, Monero has traded down 0.2% against the US dollar. Monero has a market cap of $2.69 billion and $42.92 million worth of Monero was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here is how other cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Bytecoin (BCN) traded 6.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0025 or 0.00000037 BTC.
- DigitalNote (XDN) traded up 6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0089 or 0.00000128 BTC.
- Aeon (AEON) traded 0.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1.60 or 0.00023057 BTC.
- Boolberry (BBR) traded 3.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.69 or 0.00010000 BTC.
- Interplanetary Broadcast Coin (IPBC) traded 2.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.14 or 0.00002073 BTC.
- Sumokoin (SUMO) traded up 3.8% against the dollar and now trades at $1.15 or 0.00016568 BTC.
- Karbo (KRB) traded up 1.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.47 or 0.00006733 BTC.
- IntenseCoin (ITNS) traded up 25.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0039 or 0.00000057 BTC.
- LeviarCoin (XLC) traded up 9.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0347 or 0.00000500 BTC.
- BitCoal (COAL) traded 12.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0185 or 0.00000267 BTC.
Monero Coin Profile
Monero (CRYPTO:XMR) is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the CryptoNight hashing algorithm. It was first traded on April 18th, 2014. Monero’s total supply is 15,920,211 coins. Monero’s official Twitter account is @monerocurrency and its Facebook page is accessible here. The official website for Monero is www.monero.cc. The official message board for Monero is forum.getmonero.org. The Reddit community for Monero is /r/monero and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here.
According to CryptoCompare, “Monero (XMR) is a cryptonight algorithm based alternative crypto currency. The coin is based on Proof of Work and has a block reward that varies smoothly. The difficulty retargets every block with a sixty second block target. Monero uses a Ring Signature system to protect your privacy, allowing users to make untraceable transactions. “
Monero Coin Trading
Monero can be traded on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Bitfinex, LiteBit.eu, Cryptopia, Qryptos, Gate.io, Bisq, Abucoins, Binance, OKEx, Mercatox, Cryptox, Coinroom, Poloniex, Kraken, Exrates, HitBTC, Tux Exchange, Exmo, Cryptomate, Braziliex, BTC-Alpha, Bittrex, Bithumb, Upbit, SouthXchange and Livecoin. It is not presently possible to buy Monero directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade Monero must first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Gemini, Coinbase or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Monero using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Ratings for Monero Daily – Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts’ ratings for Monero and related companies with MarketBeat.com’s FREE daily email newsletter.