Monero (CURRENCY:XMR) traded up 7.8% against the U.S. dollar during the 1-day period ending at 23:00 PM E.T. on January 30th. One Monero coin can currently be purchased for approximately $316.04 or 0.02941570 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges including HitBTC, BTC-Alpha, Binance and Upbit. Monero has a total market cap of $4.98 billion and approximately $177.42 million worth of Monero was traded on exchanges in the last day. Over the last week, Monero has traded up 14% against the U.S. dollar.
Here is how related cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- Bytecoin (BCN) traded 4.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0052 or 0.00000048 BTC.
- DigitalNote (XDN) traded down 4.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0222 or 0.00000208 BTC.
- Aeon (AEON) traded up 5.8% against the dollar and now trades at $3.95 or 0.00036953 BTC.
- Boolberry (BBR) traded down 8.1% against the dollar and now trades at $1.83 or 0.00017160 BTC.
- Sumokoin (SUMO) traded 0.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $2.93 or 0.00027458 BTC.
- Karbo (KRB) traded 4.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.15 or 0.00010730 BTC.
- IntenseCoin (ITNS) traded 5.6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0096 or 0.00000090 BTC.
- LeviarCoin (XLC) traded 7.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.19 or 0.00001781 BTC.
Monero Coin Profile
Monero is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the CryptoNight hashing algorithm. Its launch date was April 18th, 2014. Monero’s total supply is 15,748,944 coins. Monero’s official Twitter account is @monerocurrency and its Facebook page is accessible here. The Reddit community for Monero is /r/monero and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. Monero’s official website is www.monero.cc. Monero’s official message board is forum.getmonero.org.
According to CryptoCompare, “Monero (XMR) is a cryptonight algorithm based alternative crypto currency. The coin is based on Proof of Work and has a block reward that varies smoothly. The difficulty retargets every block with a sixty second block target. Monero uses a Ring Signature system to protect your privacy, allowing users to make untraceable transactions. “
Monero Coin Trading
Monero can be purchased on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: BTC-Alpha, Coinroom, Abucoins, Qryptos, Exrates, Bisq, Bithumb, Kraken, Poloniex, HitBTC, Braziliex, Mercatox, Cryptox, Bitfinex, Cryptomate, OKEx, Cryptopia, Exmo, Tux Exchange, Bittrex, SouthXchange, Livecoin, Upbit, Gate.io, LiteBit.eu and Binance. It is not currently possible to purchase Monero directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Monero must first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Gemini, GDAX or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Monero using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Ratings for Monero Daily – Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts’ ratings for Monero and related companies with MarketBeat.com’s FREE daily email newsletter.