Monero (CURRENCY:XMR) traded 6% higher against the dollar during the one day period ending at 5:00 AM Eastern on January 30th. Monero has a total market cap of $3.87 billion and $55.73 million worth of Monero was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. Over the last seven days, Monero has traded 15.6% higher against the dollar. One Monero coin can now be purchased for about $245.89 or 0.02783300 BTC on popular exchanges including Bithumb, BTC-Alpha, Qryptos and Binance.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed over the last 24 hours:
- Bytecoin (BCN) traded up 7.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0048 or 0.00000055 BTC.
- DigitalNote (XDN) traded 1.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0212 or 0.00000240 BTC.
- Aeon (AEON) traded up 3% against the dollar and now trades at $2.98 or 0.00033853 BTC.
- Boolberry (BBR) traded up 3.9% against the dollar and now trades at $1.76 or 0.00020000 BTC.
- Sumokoin (SUMO) traded 4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $2.49 or 0.00028194 BTC.
- Karbo (KRB) traded 3.6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1.09 or 0.00012390 BTC.
- IntenseCoin (ITNS) traded 22.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0109 or 0.00000123 BTC.
- LeviarCoin (XLC) traded down 7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.22 or 0.00002486 BTC.
Monero Coin Profile
Monero is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the CryptoNight hashing algorithm. It launched on April 18th, 2014. Monero’s total supply is 15,720,173 coins. Monero’s official website is www.monero.cc. Monero’s official Twitter account is @monerocurrency and its Facebook page is accessible here. Monero’s official message board is forum.getmonero.org. The Reddit community for Monero is /r/monero and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here.
According to CryptoCompare, “Monero (XMR) is a cryptonight algorithm based alternative crypto currency. The coin is based on Proof of Work and has a block reward that varies smoothly. The difficulty retargets every block with a sixty second block target. Monero uses a Ring Signature system to protect your privacy, allowing users to make untraceable transactions. “
Monero Coin Trading
Monero can be purchased on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Livecoin, Kraken, LiteBit.eu, Bittrex, Exrates, Bitfinex, Bithumb, Cryptomate, Binance, Braziliex, Qryptos, HitBTC, Upbit, SouthXchange, Mercatox, Cryptopia, Exmo, Tux Exchange, OKEx, Poloniex, Gate.io, BTC-Alpha, Cryptox, Bisq, Coinroom and Abucoins. It is not currently possible to purchase Monero directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Monero must first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as GDAX, Gemini or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Monero using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Ratings for Monero Daily – Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts’ ratings for Monero and related companies with MarketBeat.com’s FREE daily email newsletter.