Monero (CURRENCY:XMR) traded 1.7% higher against the U.S. dollar during the one day period ending at 16:00 PM ET on January 25th. Monero has a total market capitalization of $3.97 billion and $83.12 million worth of Monero was traded on exchanges in the last day. During the last seven days, Monero has traded up 7% against the U.S. dollar. One Monero coin can now be purchased for $252.54 or 0.02951020 BTC on exchanges including HitBTC, LiteBit.eu, Binance and SouthXchange.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Bytecoin (BCN) traded up 8.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0049 or 0.00000057 BTC.
- DigitalNote (XDN) traded 14% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0196 or 0.00000229 BTC.
- Aeon (AEON) traded up 17.9% against the dollar and now trades at $3.51 or 0.00040852 BTC.
- Boolberry (BBR) traded 6.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1.88 or 0.00022022 BTC.
- Sumokoin (SUMO) traded down 1.2% against the dollar and now trades at $3.12 or 0.00036455 BTC.
- Karbo (KRB) traded 8.6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1.06 or 0.00012362 BTC.
- IntenseCoin (ITNS) traded 6.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0122 or 0.00000142 BTC.
- LeviarCoin (XLC) traded up 14.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.19 or 0.00002234 BTC.
Monero (CURRENCY:XMR) is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the CryptoNight hashing algorithm. It was first traded on April 18th, 2014. Monero’s total supply is 15,702,934 coins. Monero’s official message board is forum.getmonero.org. Monero’s official website is www.monero.cc. The Reddit community for Monero is /r/monero and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. Monero’s official Twitter account is @monerocurrency and its Facebook page is accessible here.
According to CryptoCompare, “Monero (XMR) is a cryptonight algorithm based alternative crypto currency. The coin is based on Proof of Work and has a block reward that varies smoothly. The difficulty retargets every block with a sixty second block target. Monero uses a Ring Signature system to protect your privacy, allowing users to make untraceable transactions. “
Buying and Selling Monero
Monero can be bought or sold on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Exmo, Poloniex, HitBTC, Gate.io, BTC-Alpha, Qryptos, Kraken, Upbit, Cryptopia, Bittrex, Braziliex, Bithumb, Bitfinex, Exrates, OKEx, Coinroom, Bisq, Tux Exchange, LiteBit.eu, Binance, SouthXchange, Livecoin, Mercatox, Cryptomate, Cryptox and Abucoins. It is not presently possible to buy Monero directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Monero must first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Coinbase, Changelly or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy Monero using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Ratings for Monero Daily – Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts’ ratings for Monero and related companies with MarketBeat.com’s FREE daily email newsletter.