Monero (CURRENCY:XMR) traded 4.4% lower against the U.S. dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 11:00 AM ET on February 17th. One Monero coin can now be bought for approximately $276.85 or 0.02829420 BTC on major cryptocurrency exchanges including Bisq, Bittrex, Coinroom and Qryptos. Monero has a market cap of $4.36 billion and approximately $77.42 million worth of Monero was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. During the last week, Monero has traded 14.4% lower against the U.S. dollar.
Here is how related cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Bytecoin (BCN) traded 6.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0046 or 0.00000047 BTC.
- DigitalNote (XDN) traded 8.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0190 or 0.00000195 BTC.
- Aeon (AEON) traded down 8.8% against the dollar and now trades at $3.29 or 0.00033598 BTC.
- Boolberry (BBR) traded 0.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.50 or 0.00015283 BTC.
- Sumokoin (SUMO) traded up 2.3% against the dollar and now trades at $2.92 or 0.00029801 BTC.
- Karbo (KRB) traded down 9.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.99 or 0.00010102 BTC.
- IntenseCoin (ITNS) traded up 12.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0095 or 0.00000097 BTC.
- LeviarCoin (XLC) traded 6.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.20 or 0.00002080 BTC.
Monero is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the CryptoNight hashing algorithm. Its genesis date was April 18th, 2014. Monero’s total supply is 15,758,080 coins. The official website for Monero is www.monero.cc. Monero’s official message board is forum.getmonero.org. Monero’s official Twitter account is @monerocurrency and its Facebook page is accessible here. The Reddit community for Monero is /r/monero and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here.
According to CryptoCompare, “Monero (XMR) is a cryptonight algorithm based alternative crypto currency. The coin is based on Proof of Work and has a block reward that varies smoothly. The difficulty retargets every block with a sixty second block target. Monero uses a Ring Signature system to protect your privacy, allowing users to make untraceable transactions. “
Buying and Selling Monero
Monero can be purchased on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Coinroom, Poloniex, Upbit, Qryptos, Braziliex, Exrates, Livecoin, Cryptopia, Bithumb, BTC-Alpha, OKEx, SouthXchange, Bittrex, Mercatox, Bitfinex, Abucoins, Cryptomate, Bisq, Gate.io, Kraken, HitBTC, Cryptox, Tux Exchange, Binance, Exmo and LiteBit.eu. It is not currently possible to purchase Monero directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Monero must first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Changelly, Gemini or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Monero using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Ratings for Monero Daily – Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts’ ratings for Monero and related companies with MarketBeat.com’s FREE daily email newsletter.