Monero (CURRENCY:XMR) traded 5.2% higher against the US dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 20:00 PM ET on February 23rd. During the last week, Monero has traded down 4.7% against the US dollar. One Monero coin can currently be purchased for approximately $288.67 or 0.02812580 BTC on exchanges including Livecoin, Gate.io, Kraken and HitBTC. Monero has a market cap of $4.55 billion and $88.09 million worth of Monero was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here’s how related cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Bytecoin (BCN) traded 5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0049 or 0.00000048 BTC.
- DigitalNote (XDN) traded 7.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0205 or 0.00000198 BTC.
- Aeon (AEON) traded 0.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $3.53 or 0.00034223 BTC.
- Boolberry (BBR) traded up 16.9% against the dollar and now trades at $1.72 or 0.00016728 BTC.
- Sumokoin (SUMO) traded up 5.5% against the dollar and now trades at $3.02 or 0.00029380 BTC.
- Karbo (KRB) traded up 8.2% against the dollar and now trades at $1.11 or 0.00010825 BTC.
- IntenseCoin (ITNS) traded down 2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0084 or 0.00000082 BTC.
- LeviarCoin (XLC) traded up 10.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.19 or 0.00001867 BTC.
Monero Coin Profile
Monero (CURRENCY:XMR) is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the CryptoNight hashing algorithm. It launched on April 18th, 2014. Monero’s total supply is 15,755,633 coins. Monero’s official Twitter account is @monerocurrency and its Facebook page is accessible here. Monero’s official website is www.monero.cc. Monero’s official message board is forum.getmonero.org. The Reddit community for Monero is /r/monero and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here.
According to CryptoCompare, “Monero (XMR) is a cryptonight algorithm based alternative crypto currency. The coin is based on Proof of Work and has a block reward that varies smoothly. The difficulty retargets every block with a sixty second block target. Monero uses a Ring Signature system to protect your privacy, allowing users to make untraceable transactions. “
Buying and Selling Monero
Monero can be purchased on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Bittrex, LiteBit.eu, Cryptox, Coinroom, HitBTC, Exrates, Upbit, Abucoins, OKEx, Qryptos, Poloniex, Tux Exchange, Bitfinex, Braziliex, Binance, Exmo, Bithumb, Mercatox, Cryptomate, Gate.io, Livecoin, BTC-Alpha, Cryptopia, SouthXchange, Bisq and Kraken. It is not presently possible to purchase Monero directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Monero must first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Changelly, Coinbase or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Monero using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Monero Daily – Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Monero and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com’s FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.