Litecoin (CURRENCY:LTC) traded 10.8% lower against the US dollar during the 1 day period ending at 17:00 PM ET on February 5th. In the last seven days, Litecoin has traded 27% lower against the US dollar. Litecoin has a total market cap of $7.26 billion and $866.85 million worth of Litecoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One Litecoin coin can now be bought for $131.78 or 0.01826710 BTC on exchanges including BX Thailand, RippleFox, Bitmaszyna and CryptoBridge.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Verge (XVG) traded 16.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0450 or 0.00000624 BTC.
- Dogecoin (DOGE) traded 15.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0037 or 0.00000051 BTC.
- Bytom (BTM) traded 14.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.26 or 0.00003614 BTC.
- Syscoin (SYS) traded down 14.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.39 or 0.00005425 BTC.
- GameCredits (GAME) traded down 18.2% against the dollar and now trades at $2.04 or 0.00028246 BTC.
- BridgeCoin (BCO) traded 26.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $2.70 or 0.00037444 BTC.
- CyberMiles (CMT) traded down 20.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.16 or 0.00002224 BTC.
- Viacoin (VIA) traded 3.6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $2.83 or 0.00039202 BTC.
- Einsteinium (EMC2) traded down 13% against the dollar and now trades at $0.30 or 0.00004155 BTC.
- Gulden (NLG) traded down 10.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.15 or 0.00002063 BTC.
Litecoin is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the Scrypt hashing algorithm. Its genesis date was October 8th, 2011. Litecoin’s total supply is 55,085,283 coins. The official message board for Litecoin is litecointalk.io. The Reddit community for Litecoin is /r/litecoin and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. The official website for Litecoin is litecoin.com. Litecoin’s official Twitter account is @LitecoinProject and its Facebook page is accessible here.
According to CryptoCompare, “Litecoin LTC – provides faster transaction confirmations (2.5 minutes on average) and uses a memory-hard, scrypt-based mining proof-of-work algorithm to target the regular computers and GPUs most people already have – which are its main differentials to Bitcoin. The Litecoin network is scheduled to produce 84 million currency units with a halving in reward every four years just like bitcoin. The coin was created by a Google employee, Charles Lee. Litecoin is in second spot to Bitcoin and has spawned numerous clones – however it has a solid base of support and dedicated development team.The Litecoin project is currently maintained by a core group of 6 software developers, led by Charles Lee, with a large community that is growing in support.In May 2017, Litecoin became the first of the Top 5 (By Market Cap) cryptocurrencies to implement the SegWit scaling solution. Later in May of the same year, the first Lightning Network transaction was completed through litecoin, transferring 0.00000001 LTC from Zurich to San Francisco in under one second.”
Buying and Selling Litecoin
Litecoin can be traded on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: C-CEX, Coinroom, Upbit, Kucoin, Coinone, HitBTC, FreiExchange, BITHOLIC, Cryptomate, Mercado Bitcoin, CoolCoin, BitBay, Liqui, BTC Trade UA, OKEx, TDAX, DSX, Binance, Coinhouse, Stocks.Exchange, RippleFox, OkCoin Intl., Coingi, Waves Decentralized Exchange, Coinut, CryptoBridge, Altcoin Trader, BX Thailand, CoinFalcon, ZB.COM, Exrates, Gatecoin, The Rock Trading, Coinsquare, OpenLedger DEX, Bitstamp, Tux Exchange, NIX-E, Dgtmarket, BCEX, xBTCe, COSS, Bittrex, Tripe Dice Exchange, Koinex, VirtacoinWorld, Negocie Coins, OKCoin.cn, Bitso, BitMarket, Koinim, CoinEx, Bitcoin Indonesia, BTC-Alpha, BitFlip, Bit-Z, Braziliex, LocalTrade, CoinsBank, TOPBTC, Trade Satoshi, WEX, Kraken, Bitinka, YoBit, Cryptopia, Bleutrade, Tidex, BitGrail, Bibox, Bitfinex, Abucoins, Gate.io, Bitmaszyna, Qryptos, CoinEgg, Mercatox, BigONE, Bitlish, Mr. Exchange, Bits Blockchain, AEX, Allcoin, Bisq, Exmo, Poloniex, EXX, BitKonan, Koineks, CoinExchange, Coinbene, Cryptox, Bit2C, Coinrail, Huobi, Bitbank, Bittylicious, Livecoin, GOPAX, Bithumb, BTC Markets, GDAX, ChaoEX, SouthXchange, RightBTC, BtcTrade.im, Bitsane, QuadrigaCX and LiteBit.eu. Investors seeking to acquire Litecoin using U.S. dollars directly can do so using Changelly, Gemini or Coinbase.
Receive News & Updates for Litecoin Daily – Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Litecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com’s FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.