Litecoin (CURRENCY:LTC) traded 0.5% lower against the dollar during the 1-day period ending at 21:00 PM E.T. on January 25th. During the last week, Litecoin has traded down 5.9% against the dollar. One Litecoin coin can now be bought for $181.91 or 0.01580860 BTC on major cryptocurrency exchanges including BTC Markets, Negocie Coins, Bithumb and Bitsane. Litecoin has a market cap of $9.99 billion and $354.39 million worth of Litecoin was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here is how other cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Verge (XVG) traded 3.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0934 or 0.00000811 BTC.
- Dogecoin (DOGE) traded 8.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0079 or 0.00000069 BTC.
- Bytom (BTM) traded up 12.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.48 or 0.00004167 BTC.
- Syscoin (SYS) traded 0.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.66 or 0.00005702 BTC.
- GameCredits (GAME) traded 21.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $4.64 or 0.00040306 BTC.
- BridgeCoin (BCO) traded 4.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $6.97 or 0.00060104 BTC.
- Einsteinium (EMC2) traded 1.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.65 or 0.00005597 BTC.
- CyberMiles (CMT) traded 2.6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.28 or 0.00002392 BTC.
- BitConnect (BCC) traded down 4.4% against the dollar and now trades at $12.62 or 0.00108888 BTC.
- Gulden (NLG) traded down 4.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.26 or 0.00002259 BTC.
Litecoin (CURRENCY:LTC) is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the Scrypt hashing algorithm. Its genesis date was October 8th, 2011. Litecoin’s total supply is 54,921,358 coins. Litecoin’s official Twitter account is @LitecoinProject and its Facebook page is accessible here. The official message board for Litecoin is litecointalk.io. Litecoin’s official website is litecoin.com. The Reddit community for Litecoin is /r/litecoin and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here.
According to CryptoCompare, “Litecoin LTC – provides faster transaction confirmations (2.5 minutes on average) and uses a memory-hard, scrypt-based mining proof-of-work algorithm to target the regular computers and GPUs most people already have – which are its main differentials to Bitcoin. The Litecoin network is scheduled to produce 84 million currency units with a halving in reward every four years just like bitcoin. The coin was created by a Google employee, Charles Lee. Litecoin is in second spot to Bitcoin and has spawned numerous clones – however it has a solid base of support and dedicated development team.The Litecoin project is currently maintained by a core group of 6 software developers, led by Charles Lee, with a large community that is growing in support.In May 2017, Litecoin became the first of the Top 5 (By Market Cap) cryptocurrencies to implement the SegWit scaling solution. Later in May of the same year, the first Lightning Network transaction was completed through litecoin, transferring 0.00000001 LTC from Zurich to San Francisco in under one second.”
Buying and Selling Litecoin
Litecoin can be bought or sold on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Bitmaszyna, COSS, CoinsBank, BitBay, VirtacoinWorld, NIX-E, Bitbank, Bithumb, CoinExchange, The Rock Trading, Bit-Z, LiteBit.eu, Mr. Exchange, Qryptos, Braziliex, TDAX, Mercado Bitcoin, Trade Satoshi, Allcoin, Coinhouse, Bibox, Poloniex, WEX, FreiExchange, BX Thailand, Binance, BitMarket, Stocks.Exchange, ChaoEX, Huobi, Mercatox, Bisq, BigONE, Tux Exchange, CryptoBridge, CoinEgg, QuadrigaCX, CoinFalcon, Cryptopia, Bitfinex, Bitsane, EXX, Bitinka, Koineks, BTC Markets, Tripe Dice Exchange, Exrates, Kucoin, Kraken, Bitcoin Indonesia, Upbit, AEX, Coingi, Bleutrade, BitKonan, Altcoin Trader, Coinone, C-CEX, OkCoin Intl., BtcTrade.im, Bitso, RippleFox, OpenLedger DEX, ZB.COM, BTC-Alpha, BitGrail, Coinsquare, Waves Decentralized Exchange, BITHOLIC, Gatecoin, BitFlip, OKCoin.cn, Coinbene, Bit2C, Negocie Coins, Bitlish, Cryptox, Bittylicious, LocalTrade, TOPBTC, Exmo, Livecoin, DSX, GOPAX, SouthXchange, BTC Trade UA, Koinex, CoolCoin, Gate.io, Coinroom, Bits Blockchain, Tidex, Cryptomate, OKEx, HitBTC, Liqui, Coinrail, Koinim, RightBTC, Coinut, YoBit, xBTCe, Bittrex, Bitstamp, GDAX, CoinEx, Abucoins, Dgtmarket and BCEX. Investors seeking to acquire Litecoin using US dollars directly can do so using Gemini, Changelly or GDAX.
Receive News & Updates for Litecoin Daily – Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Litecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com’s FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.